Holiday season is just around the corner aka the busiest season for mail and package deliveries and the U.S. Postal Service is looking for some help. USPS plans to hire for more than 40,000 seasonal positions ahead of the holiday season. They are looking for city and rural mail carries, mail handlers, drivers and more. There will be multiple hiring fairs throughout the county where people can apply for opportunities. If you want to attend any of these hiring events, pre-registration, social distancing and face masks are required.
Here is the schedule of USPS job fair events in Southern California.
- Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Irvine Post Office, 15642 Sand Canyon Ave., Irvine, CA 92619
- Sept. 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the US Vets/Cabrillo Villages, 2001 River Ave., Long Beach, CA 90810
- Sept. 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the San Pedro Post Office, 839 S. Beacon St., San Pedro, CA 90731
- Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Puente Post Office, 15310 E. Elliott Ave, La Puente, CA 91747
- Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Paramount Post Office, 7200 Somerset Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723
- Sept. 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Los Feliz Post Office, 1825 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
Human Resources personnel will also be available to answer questions about benefits, qualifications and applications.
Photo Credit: Getty Images