Ariana Grande and Machine Gun Kelly rushed to be with Pete Davidson on Saturday. He Instagrammed and then deleted a suicidal message about how he didn’t “want to be on this Earth anymore.”
Ariana responded via Twitter because she and Pete changed contact numbers after she abruptly ended their engagement. Ariana tweeted from the Saturday Night Live studio (quote) “I’m downstairs and I’m not going anywhere if you need anyone or anything. I know u have everyone u need and that’s not me, but I’m here too.” (The Wrap)
Pete pulled himself together to appear briefly on Saturday Night Live and introduced Miley Cyrus as the musical guest.
Pete opted to spend Saturday evening with rapper Machine Gun Kelly. They bonded while making a movie, which will premiere next month at the Sundance Film Fest. Machine Gun Kelly alerted people following the Pete Davidson drama (quote) “I’m in the plane now on the way to see Pete. Gonna make sure he’s good, I promise. Can’t have my boy in the darkness like that.” (E! News)
- This was a cascading event of male, mental fragility starting with Kanye West feeling threatened by Drake.
- Then Kanye took offense to Ariana tweeting how “grown men arguing online rn but Miley and I dropping our beautiful, new songs.”
- Pete defended Kanye and called Ariana’s tweet “disgusting” but he couldn’t tolerate the backlash he received.
- That left Ariana walking on eggshells around Kanye and Pete. (Billboard)
- Drake rattled Kanye’s cage and unwittingly started a domino effect of more rattling cage in the Twitterverse.